Santa's Stocking Workshop Printed Books
by Eileen Montgomery
Combine this book with your creativity and imagination to knit unique Christmas stockings. They can be simple or fancy; silly or elegant; traditional or avant garde. There are no limits to the design possibilities!
- You choose - quick and easy or more time intensive construction techniques
- Variety of stitches - fairisle, tuck, intarsia, motifs, color blocks, lace, you name it!
- Beautiful embellishment ideas are included
- Also included are Christmas themed stitch charts that can be used for all of your holiday knitting
- ELEVEN patterns
- FIVE construction method
- THREE sizes for each method
- Diagrams, 47 stitch charts, clear instructions and photos
- Tips and Tricks
- Written for standard gauge punchcard or electronic machines they can be easily adapted for use on mid-gauge or bulky machines
- Printed Book - 30 pages
FIVE Construction Methods: (each in three sizes)
- The Flat Stocking is the easiest with simple increases and decreases used to shape the foot.
- The Cut & Sew Stocking is the one to choose when knitting a fabric where shaping would be time-consuming. It can be worked from the foot up or the cuff down.
- The Stocking knit from the Foot Up is Eileen's favourite. Of the three shaped stockings, this is the easiest to knit. The shaping for the foot is completed before the main sections of the stocking are knit.
- The Stocking knit from the Cuff Down is the most common method of shaping a stocking.
- The Circular Stocking has the leg knit on two beds with the foot shaping done on the main bed. It is knit from the cuff down.
This printed 30-page book has a colour cover and spiral binding with detailed instructions, charts and diagrams. Although these patterns were written for 4-ply yarns on Japanese and Chinese standard gauge punchcard or electronic machines, they can be easily adapted for use on mid-gauge or bulky machines.