T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
Hei, i want to knit a fairisle pannel isolated by solid mail colour.
Machine Siler Reed 840
Using Designaknit interactiv knitting, just the stitchpattern 24 stitches.
setting the magnets to 12 left, 12 right according to the pattern (1 rapport of 24 needles)

and get that result: 
Patterning of panel is ok.
Sides are knitting i white (colour nr. 2), not in black (main colour)
End needles are chosen, that gives long floats in main colour.
IMG_20221014_130114.jpg
What I want: 
Main Colour black at sides, and no end needle selection, which gives me the possibility to manually wrap the contras colour (white) around needle nr 6 to prevent floats, the fairislepanel isolated in the middle, 

How can i archive that and What i do wrong?
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
My workaround solution: knitting the edge panelstitches handmanipulated, and set to hold, for let DAK knit the panel, is a bit tidious. 
(obs: the main and contrast colour are switched to the picture above)
IMG_20221014_130813.jpg
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
I tried to set endnedles to hold and let them knit back, as shown in a video about endnedleselection  for silver reed here, but that gives me the same result as the picture above with floats in the wrong colour..
M K
Mary Kint

1 year ago
Have you put the magnets at the end needles?  Also you need to pass the carriage by both end  needles once before beginning. Also machines can be a little tricky. One of my machines requires me to clear the end of the work by at least 4 inches (about 8+ cm?) 
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
No,  i put the end needles on needle 12 left/right,  because i just wanted one repeat,  not  an overall design. I assumed it would knit the outside needles plein (in main colour) 
With the empisal 326 punchcard that works just fine.

If i understand   you right,  i have
1) to create a new piece with OPD with the pattern-pannel laid out,
OR
2) create a new stitch pattern with pattern drafting in the with of my piece snd lay out the pattern-panel there.
No shortcuis, at least when knitting with 2 colours...

Thank you,  Mary.
M K
Mary Kint

1 year ago
If you’re knitting a gauge swatch, you have to knit the patterning on the full number of needles. You then place yarn markers for the size you are measuring. Example:  standard gauge machine, you would cast on 50 needles. Do patterning on all 50 needles. Knit 30 rows, place markers on needle 21 left & 21 right. Continue knitting to row 60, 2 marking rows then knit scrap for about 10 rows, bind off. You can place markers several times if you want more than one set of markers. You won’t get a good gauge reading if you don’t knit the patterning on all needles.  There’s a special technique for knitting a single motif….intarsia. I think electronic machines you have to wrap the end motif needle.  I haven’t done this. You might check if there’s a YouTube class.  It’s easy to do on a brother machine. Maybe ask Sue for help if you are putting a single motif on a knit using a silver Reed machine. 
mary
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
I found out about end nedle selection: (norwegian version,  but i think you get it when seeing my vindows) it is under alternativeskleft for windowsmenu)
Chose alternatives for machineknitting, 
Then oppsett, 
Next vindu you can chose yarnchanger,  start pattern from left or right ,  and chose or deactivate endneedleselection.
T B
Tina Brauckmann

1 year ago
I still not understan DAK,  now it is how it senters a pattern,  but for this simple rectangle i made the pattern wider,  and wil hang the piece off senter to get 4 nice rapports as i wish.
 IMG_20221107_194511.jpg
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC