D B
Donna Bates

1 year ago

So I have a KH940 (metal bed) and a KX350 (plastic bed) both of which need lubrication from time to time. I do know (having been a machine sewer my entire life) that one never puts any sort of oil lubricant on anything plastic as it could get gummy over time and than can be horrible or impossible to remove. 

My question is this - since I use silicone spray (LPS Food Grade Silicone) on the plastic bed machine is it okay to use it on the metal bed machine and stop using the sewing machine oil completely?

S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
I believe it is Jack from the Answer Lady site that recommends the silicone spray.  Does anyone know what Jack recommends?
D B
Donna Bates

1 year ago
I'm hoping to determine if I can use just one lubrication method for both machines. I'm paranoid I'll just mix them up and then mess up my life!
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
I've heard in the machine knitting beginners Facebook group that you should never use silicone spray on metal machines as it will gum it up and be difficult to remove... You should always use gun oil, otherwise I believe sewing  machine oil if you can't get gun oil.  I bought mine online, I'm in the UK... 
D B
Donna Bates

1 year ago
[QUOTE username=knititnow userid=6379890 postid=1333811584]I believe it is Jack from the Answer Lady site that recommends the silicone spray.  Does anyone know what Jack recommends?[/QUOTE]

I went to the site and Jack recommends the silicone spray.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC