Classroom: Garter Stitch on the Machine
What is Garter Stitch?
9 ways to knit Garter Stitch
Garter Stitch Inspiration
6. Ribber Transfer Between the Beds
Although a ribber has needles facing in the opposite direction than the main bed, knitting garter stitch still requires hand manipulation with a ribber.
- Cast on your main bed and hang a ribber comb
- Knit a few rows.
- Raise (engage) your ribber and transfer all the stitches to the rib bed
- Knit a row.
- Transfer all the stitches back to the main bed and knit a row.
- Repeat for garter stitch.