Simply Fabulous Slip!
I-Cord on the Knitting Machine
Techniques using Slip
Slip Stitch is a great way to add texture and interest to your knitting.
When knitting slip, certain needles do not knit and the working yarn travels UNDER the out of work needles.
Once you understand how slip stitch is created on your machine, the sky's the limit!
- Change the number of rows slipped
- Change the needles selected
- Change the number of rows between slipped stitches
- Put some needles out of work
- Add color
- Mix 'n match stitch patterns
Check out the Knit it Now Stitch Library for Slip and Multi-Color Slip Stitch inspiration!
So many possibilities!I-Cord is knit with the slip setting.
There are so many uses of this technique they can't all be listed here!
Visit the I-Cord Classroom