Lace on the machine
DesignaKnit and Lace
Thread Lace / Punch Lace
Lace can be a bit fussy.
- Make sure you have even weight on your knitting. We suggest using a ribber cast on comb (see the video below)
- Bent, or damaged needles can create problems
- Make sure your sponge bar is fresh
- Don't allow the machine to transfer the edge stitches:
- Brother machines, push the selected needles into working position
- Silver, Singer, Studio use the devices to prevent end needle selection
- If you have your ribber attached, pull the knitting out and let it hang OVER the ribber, not between the beds.
Use ribber covers, file folders or magazines to cover the ribber bed and protect the knitting from the gatepegs and needles