D W
Dawn Wischer

4 years ago
Hi Sue,
Love the Live Knit Club meetings, they have not only provided answers, but broadened my knowledge base and creativity! 

Purchased a Singer 700, which has a built-in knit radar.  Downside is I have no mylar patterns, but have purchased some sheets to make my own.  Is it possible to use your existing patterns to generate desired patterns to transfer onto the mylar so I can use this feature of the machine to make garments?

Thanks for all you do!

Dawn Wischer
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
Coming to this a bit late, I'm afraid.

I'm not sure how this will work on a KnitRadar which is not full-size, but this is what I have done in the past on a full-size Brother KnitLeader.  Position the sheet as if at the start of a pattern outline with the charting device set for the stitch and row gauge given in the written pattern you are going to follow.  Mark the sheet where the edge of the cast-on would be; eg the pattern says "Cast on 160 stitches" so make a mark on the sheet corresponding to the 80th needle one side of 0."  Now pass the carriage across the needle bed the number of times corresponding to the number of rows the pattern dictates; eg 24 rows for the rib.  Mark the sheet.  Now pass the carriage again for the next set of rows; eg 100 rows up to the armhole.  At this point the pattern probably says something like "Cast off 6 stitches at the beg of the next 2 rows" so mark the charter sheet at stitch 80 (the end of the 100 rows) and at stitch 74 so indicate the decrease.

Continue in this way, moving the carriage according to the dictates of the pattern and marking the mylar sheet at each change.  When you get to the end of the piece, take the mylar sheet out and draw lines to join up all the dots.  Now you have the chart for that shape and size which you can use as often as you wish with whatever tension you like.

Jenny
D W
Dawn Wischer

4 years ago
Thank you, will try!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC