C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago
I have been trying to knit a baby cardigan on the lace carriage. I keep dropping stitches and some get caught around the pegs also. I know it is probably the weights but can’t seem to get it right. Just wondering if any one has any advice please.
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
I don't seem to have much trouble with lace myself, but I have heard some people say that if they are using a machine with a ribber attached (which means the main bed is tilted) they need to hang the knitting over the front of the ribber rather than have it dropping between the beds.

Another thought - are you pressing down quite firmly on the lace carriage as you pass it?  You need to do that.

Jenny
C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago

Thanks Jenny I’ll give that a try. I knit the rib on the ribber and am thinking I should remove the weighted hem and just using the weights from the lace carriage. 

catherine

C H
Catherine Healy

4 years ago
Finally got round to some knitting. I hung the knitting to the front of ribber and played around with the weights I finally managed to knit the cardigan. I still dropped the odd stitch but nothing that couldn’t be fixed easily enough. Thanks for you help
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC