G B
Graeme Bowers

2 years ago
Hi I'm Graeme, I've been machine knitting OK for about a couple years.  While I've created some acceptable things, I don't think I've ever produced something that was really good enough.  Mostly I struggle with yarn choice, measuring gauge, and creating sweaters that fit/function/look how I expect!  I think a lot of my woes come from teaching myself and having little experience with knitting sweaters in general.  I joined Knit It Now to get as close as I can to creating perfect things!!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Welcome Graeme!
😃  We can't guarantee perfection, but we are here to offer inspiration, instruction and support!  
There are a lot of very experienced knitters in our community and we are all here to help!
A S
Anita Swift

2 years ago
Hi Graeme
Do you have any little people in your life you can practice on? I've made lots of imperfect things for our grandchildren - including garments that don't fit over their heads! They've been great "guinea pigs" for my learning and experiments - they aren't too fussy and they can still look cute even if they aren't perfect. My daughter (their Mum) is kind enough to say that it's the imperfections that make home-made things special ðŸ˜‚. As well as that, when I make something I'm not entirely satisfied with or feel I can improve on next time, at least it wasn't a big adult project that used heaps of yarn.
I do feel as though knitting lots of little things has been good practice and a help in learning the my favourite ways of doing things.
The Knit it Now tutorials are just gold!
M K
Mary Kint

2 years ago
Graeme, we’ve all been there.  My first number of years were pitiful. I’m not a perfectionist!  So I’ve had to change.  My first knitting instructor said “A good knitter is a good ripperâ€?. So I’ve had to adapt & learn to be a good ripper.  I’ve gotten so “goodâ€?🤣, I don’t think I’ve knit anything for a couple of years now that hasn’t been frogged (ripit) at least once.  Some projects I lost count of how many times they were  frogged!  This is an opportunity of changing your tension, looking at techniques to see where things went wrong & how to correct.  Hang in there. You learn from each imperfection. Also I asked my first instructor who was a master supreme, if all of her knits were perfect with no mistakes.  She said, NO. You learn to hide what you can & if it can’t be hidden, then you frog😉. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC