J F
Jeanette Feinberg

3 years ago
My yarn broke as I was setting up for fair isle (the memorizing row on a Brother). It totally jammed and now I have one needle that is sticking up in the front and seems depressed in the back compared to the others. Doesn't seem bent but is sitting wrong and is stiff moving back and forth. I've never done the punchcards before so of course I muffed my first attempt.lol. Wasn't sure if it was the belt for the punch card or the needle..I'm still very new to this. Any way to fix the way the needle is sitting or do I need to replace it?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Jeanette,
Sometimes with Brother machines, if you toggle the KC knob on and off and jiggle the carriage the needle will pop into place.

If the needle is bend and jammed, you may need to remove the sponge bar and replace the needle.
J F
Jeanette Feinberg

3 years ago
It fixed itself? I took the yarn off and pushed everything back and the needle went back into place. Using the punch card it will needle select with no yarn on the machine. However, with yarn it jams and doesn't go all the way across the bed. I'm wondering if my tension is too tight. Would that make a difference?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Sounds like that may be the case....
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC