L W
Lindsay Whitehead

2 years ago
I'm working through the V neckband tutorial. All is going well on the public side of the band but when I strart to do the increases on the private side there is a problem. I do the transfers. I have my centre stitch with an empty needle either side, and I pick up the heels from the previous row to fill the gaps. That is all fine and I knit across. 
Now I transfer the stitches again to double increase. However, when I go to pick up the heels, it is the same heel as the previous increase. Every row just gets pulled over further. What should I be picking up?  Unfortunately the only video I can find on KIN only shows the first row of increase. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Lindsay,
The goal is to fill in the gaps ... pick up whatever strand makes sense and looks good (It's on the private side)

Another way to create a mitered band:  Instead of trying to knit the band in 1 piece, add a seam.
Decrease and increase along each edge (2 stitches from the edge)  then join the 2 pieces with a seam.

Another thought - if you knit the band in one piece - create the public miter by transferring stitches, but then knit each side of the private side separately, using increases.  The have a small seam on the private side.

Does that make sense?

https://www.knititnow.com/learn/tutorial/386/v-neck-bands
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC