J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
It takes a house move to realise how much yarn - cones, and balls - I've collected in the last 5 years... LOL 😂 😂
Several car loads taken to storage... I doubt I'll ever use it all, but I'll certainly try once we're settled!!
Even my Lk150 has gone to storage now 😭😭 but it's near the storage door and hubby says he knows where everything is... I hope...??
We'll be going to France to a new house probably sometime in March when the sale goes through - 3 months there, 3 months UK to start with (I'm the UK), but in the meantime we have our motorhome (small RV) and boat, and I can use my Lk150 with plenty of yarn there 😊
I'm glad I can hand knit, as that's what I'll be doing for the next week or so in the evenings as we get ready to move out.
Does anyone else have a 'yarn problem'??? 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
LOL - I thought I had my yarn under control when we moved to AZ almost 5 years ago ... organized a closet found more!  I've been hand knitting and crocheting blankets for Warm Up America with the goal of 2 blankets a month.  Slowly making a dent in the acrylic that seems to multiply in that closet ðŸ˜Š
N M
Nancy Mangeri

2 years ago
Honestly, there is really no such thing as too much yarn.  However, a "stash" move can bring things into perspective.
Have big bins of future charity knitting  yarns... now I've got A 'turtle' to learn and charity scarves , blankets , and hats can can free up bins for new acquisitions!!
L C
Leda Clark

2 years ago
I had the same problem when I moved.  Some is still at the old house.  Having a in-the-house sale so maybe a few people will take a cone or two.
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Leda, it's really difficult to decide which yarn to get rid of.... Lol... Because you 'might need it' lol... 🤣🤣
J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
I had somehow managed to accumulate an awful lot of very fine yarn (2/30s industrial acrylic, for example) which cost me little or nothing and enabled me to knit LOADS for charity, but I got increasingly fed up with all the problems which can arise when using multiple strands of yarn.  Eventually I had used up most of it and then discovered a huge bagful of fancy fine yarns which I just did not feel inclined to use.  I advertised them on our local Freecycle group and a lovely craftsperson was happy to solve my problem!

Mind you, I was still left with a huge stash!   Just can't stop myself buying yarn.  A few days ago my daughter and I went to a big complex where knitting stuff is in one building, craft stuff in another, material in another.  We passed the knitting shop asked me if I needed to go in.  "I don't NEED to" i said, "but ... No!  I must resist."  So we moved on for my daughter to buy material.  When we came out and passed the knitting shop again I said "Well, I might as well just go and have a look!"  I was SO tempted, but resisted everything except one ball of lovely spaced-dyed yarn to try out on my new Taitexma mid-gauge.  It should at least make a couple of hats.

Jenny 
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
I blame it on the Covid situation and Internet shopping (Ebay job lots of cones etc...) ... Lol
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
I have a yarn problem,  too.
I can not give away my knitting.
My closet is full of garments.
I produce more than i need.
I love to try different patterns,  techniques and yarn qualities.
So i take my time planning. As adventurous beginner that takes a lot of time,  and that is part of the joy.
But my stash is growing,  there is so much beauty that wants to come home with me.
And then i do not dare to use it,  because it may come a better project to use it for. And when finding a project,  i dont have the perfect yarn or colour. Maybe i should buy a contrast colour,  or even more yarn.

So the yarn is not the problem,  but the space for the garments in the closet. That slows it down.
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
I know how you feel!! Lol 🤣🤣
We are going to France for 3 months tomorrow - what yarn do I take? 🤔 It's really difficult to choose because I'll be machine and hand knitting...
J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
Join the club!  I just can't resist buying more and more yarn and just as I worry that I will die before I've read all the books on my shelves, I worry that I will not get all this yarn knitted before I leave this world!

Although I do knit for myself and occasionally for friends and family, most of my knitting is donated to charity.  The great advantage of not just knitting for myself is that I am not tied down to any particular style or colour or size and can knit whatever I feel like doing whenever I want.  I can do very small things to use up left-over yarns, I can do simple things when I don't want to think too much, I can try out new ideas and experiment with new techniques.  It doesn't really matter if a garment doesn't turn out quite like I planned because it will fit someone, somewhere who will like it.

I live in a small flat and finding room for everything is a problem.  I replaced my dining table and chairs for a set where the chairs doubled as storage and now I'm planning to part with my settee to make more room for my machines!  Where there's a will there's a way, Bettina!

Jenny 
J G
Joy Green

2 years ago
Jenny, we've had to downsize because of buying a house in France, and I've had to leave my machines apart from one, in storage in the UK , with most of my yarn 😭😭
Next visit we'll take some more... 
T B
Tina Brauckmann

2 years ago
Jenny, 
I see,  was not clear enough. it is not really the size of the closet. The question is how many garments do you need. I must confess,  i have more than enough. And I am only starting machineknitting. Maybe i need to take a look at charity knitting.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC