L R
Lyn Reese

2 years ago

Does anyone know the difference between a Kh88 and Kh88IIE. I have a KH890 and looking to add a garter carriage to my machine. I have found an used KH88IIE for a good price on eBay, but unsure whether to purchase since don't know if it's a good choice. Please let me know your thoughts. TIA

R N
Rebecca Nichols

2 years ago
I don't know that much - just got my kg88 - but I do know that the 88 and 89 do not cast on. All of the later models do, including the kg88ii and 89ii. This is important for those of us with kh860s because the kg88 & 88ii are the only garter carriage models that will work on our machines. I have looked hard for an 88ii since learning this fact, but I get the impression that they are somewhat rare. I don't know what models work on your machine.
J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
I think any model of GC will work with a KH890 but I have no idea what the significance of II or IIE is.  However, if you possibly can, I'd recommend getting the latest model - KG95.  I am lucky enough to have been able to purchase 2 of them and I love them.  One of them required some extra TLC a few years ago and that was expensive, but worth it.

Jenny
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC