J L
Jane Lane

1 year ago
I am making a sideways SWEATer On MY 930 ELECTRONIC MACHINE. in a tuck pattern.  It will knit just fine for a few rows then just lay down the thread on top of the needles with none of them knitting a stitch just big loops.  I am baffeled since it works fine for a while then acts up.Help!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Oh no!
Jane, could static be an issue?

Is there enough weight?  Tuck needs more weight.

How many rows are you tucking?

Sue
J L
Jane Lane

1 year ago
I am using ,195 needles with 2 strands of 3/24. I used 5 metal bar claw weights. The tuck pattern o am using is 230. Tension number is 5.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Hmmm... tuck pattern #230 in your stitch World book looks like it is only tucking 2 stitches ...

How's your sponge bar?

Is it acting up over specific needles?

Just checking... your carriage is set like this?  (forgive me I'm just trying to troubleshoot the obvious)

Please check your Variations and make sure none of them are on.

The only other thing to try is to cast on over a smaller number of needles to test.  Also, can you knit a different tuck pattern?
tuck.png
J L
Jane Lane

1 year ago
I will experiment with a different pattern tomorrow. Thank you for responding. You are the best.
J L
Jane Lane

1 year ago
Sue,
I am writing to you today to tell you just how much knit it now means to me. I have learned so much from you over time. Please do not ever consider retiring because we need your expertise. There have been so many times I have been disgusted with my machines and thought I should quit.
Then I consult your web site and usually find my answer. I can not believe that as busy a woman as you are that you take time to answer questions.
Lately I have been making several socks from your patterns, of course. So I have become quite proficient at short time shaping or so I thought. I then started your one piece raglan sweater. Imagine my chagrin when the directions tell me to start short rowing when I have a needle bed nearly FULL of needles. There is no way to add stitches to a bed so full. What to do. Then I remembered there was a couple of teaching videos that came with the pattern which I consulted. 🙀 Imagine my surprise to learn you can add stitches on the middle of the work! Who knew? You think of everything so I am merrily working along again learning from you. Bless you and keep up the great teaching!!!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago

Hi Jane!

THANK YOU!  I am smiling ear-to-ear!

Even with the newly grey hair, I'm not ready to retire! 😂 

I always have time to offer my 2 cents worth and I LOVE a challenge!

Happy knitting!

Sue

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC