C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
I was wondering if it is possible to view the set-by-step instructions for the patterns before actually creating the gauge and pattern? 

When I have wanted to try a pattern or look at a pattern, I have wanted to see exactly what the step-by-step instructions are before making the swatch and creating the pattern. I don't see a way to do this. Is this possible?

To answer, "why". I just want to see what I will need to do, if there are things I can't do yet, something I should practice first or learn, see if I can ask here about possibly modifying something, etc. If I need to modify and can't, I would rather not make a swatch and create the pattern. If I need to learn or practice to refresh first, I would like to do that first and see if I want to continue with that pattern.

Has anyone done this?
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
You could always put an approximate gauge in and generate the pattern, then edit it later when you have done your swatching and established the precise gauge.  I did just that recently when I wanted to print out the chart for a sweater I am going to knit for someone and wanted to record all the measurements I had taken from the sweater she gave me to copy.

Jenny 
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Jenny, I was thinking the same... I often do that...
Joy 😊
C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
Duh! 🥴 Thank you. I make things so much more difficult than they are. Thank you. 
K C
Kristin Coble

1 year ago
Your gauge swatch can be used for any pattern, so it's not a waste to make one first.

However, I understand what you're saying about wanting to know the techniques in the pattern. If you don't want to create a gauge swatch, enter the gauge on the ball band of the yarn you're using. It'll give you a rough idea.

One of my favorite things about this site is that the patterns can be used for any machine, at any gauge, with any yarn. So much easier than trying to achieve an exact gauge or doing manual conversions of the pattern! ☺�
C Q
Cynthia Quill

1 year ago
Thanks, Kristin. I think using the gauge on the yarn is a good idea, also. 

I think I am good, now, everyone, Thank you.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC