New year's resolution: Use your ribber!
- Maybe you've played with your ribber, but it is still intimidating
- Have you only used it for 1x1 ribbing on cuffs? .... OMG! There is sooo much more you can do!
- Let's dust off that machine, give it a little oil (and love) and get knitting!
Knit-along ends Monday, January 31 2022
Round Neck Shaping PracticeShaping Necklines is one of the most challenging things for machine knitters to master. We split the knitting and shape one side, then go back and mirror the shaping on the opposite side. Adding shoulder shaping adds to the the challenge.
We can choose to shape with decreases and bindoffs or use short row shaping.
Let's explore the options for shaping necklines and perfect our skills.
Feb 14 2022
Round Neck FinishingFinishing round necklines is always a challenge for knitters. Neckbands add the finishing touch to your sweaters. No part of the sweater is more visible, so it's important to master the ART of knitting bands.
- We're picking up stitches along a round shape
- The neckline consists of both stitches and rows
- The neckline needs to stay stretchy to fit over the head (for a pullover)
- Keeping the band flat against the body is the goal for a professional finish