B P
Beverly Prewitt

5 years ago
Hi,
I'm in Grovetown, GA, US and we are having a little stay in and knit weather!

I have a Brother 970 and 270 that I am trying to learn how to use. I have several others but these are the ones I am getting to know. I have a motor, DAK, and a Garter Carriage set up for 970. 

I want to do a Jaquard Afghan on 970 and have been doing tension squares with several yarns since ones the pattern calls for are no longer available. I would love it if designers who are selling patterns would update the yarn they recommend to yarn available today.

I am going to do the ribbing class with 270 but I have a project I am trying to finish first.

I am so glad Knit It Now is online and staying active. We have lots of resources but to have a site that is available for real time discussions makes this a hobby I can be enjoy more.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Hi Beverly,
Thanks for joining us! Sounds like you have some fun knitting time ahead of you with those 2 machines.!
Your comment about available yarn really hits home.  What yarn are you planning to use for your DBJ?  
Sue
B P
Beverly Prewitt

5 years ago
Pattern calls for DuoMagic Egg Yoke add Shamal 3-ply or 3 ply Superwash. I have bought Tamm 3 ply and it will not knit at a tension that gives good results for pattern. I have purchased 2 cones of 2/17 Amital (? hard to red label) and will try to do a swatch with it and see what happens. 
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

5 years ago
I know that DuoMagic is a 2/15 yarn and Yamm 3-Ply is a 3/15 yarn.  Are you knitting this on bulky?  It sounds like you might because the pattern calls for DuoMagic that you add a 3-ply to...…?
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC