S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Sneak preview: ðŸ˜
We are working on a new pattern shape for a deep v-neck cardigan. The V will go below the armhole opening.

The Issue: There are a number of ways to create a band for this style of sweater, but writing pattern instructions for machine knitters isn't straightforward.

If we were creating a pattern for one gauge and one v-neck depth, calculating a band wouldn't be an issue. But a dynamic pattern with "perfect fit" neck width and neck depth options, is a different story. (Plus the whole "not enough needles" issue)

Band options:
  • If you are a hand knitter, you may pickup the entire long edge of the fronts and back and knit a band
  • Machine knitters could do this in pieces with seams 
  • MKers could knit a long narrow band and attach it to the garment
Question: 
Instead of telling you how to knit your band, we could give you the A-B-C dimensions and the stitches/rows of each section.

Would you be able to knit a band for your sweater based on these dimensions?  Thoughts?

deep-V.jpg 

S R
SHIRLEY ROTHERY

3 years ago
I think I could work from this.
J O
Jacqueline Oertli

3 years ago
This makes sense to try.
A P
Ann Poprdan

3 years ago
When I am knitting cardigan bands,  I knit the band from the bottom to where the front turns for the V, then do the part from the V to the shoulder.  Then the back neck.  The join of the back neck and shoulder fits in with the shoulder seam, and the join at the V is covered by the button on one side and makes a buttonhole on the other.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC