C R
Chris Rutherford

5 years ago
I am new to knit it now, and also to the Passap E6000, which I bought second hand before Christmas.  The lady I bought it off sugested I go through the course for the duomatic 80 which I am trying to do.  For example 3, the Kimono, you have to increase 18 stiches either side.  After about 20 attempts I am about ready to give up;. 

I have followed the instructions in the book but on the 4 row everything unravels.  It's driving me nuts  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Chris
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
Hi Chris!
Welcome to Knit it Now!
I'm sorry, I'm a Japanese knitter gal and can't help with your Passap Question.  Have you inquired in any of the online forums dedicated to Passap?
L Z
Leuri Zibetti

5 years ago
Chris, while I have owned my Passap E6000 for some years now, I just recently pulled out my books to start learning how to use it.  I owned the Duo 80 prior to that and did knit somethings, so what I can say is that the instructions are not the same.  My E6000 came with a set of instructional videos, but if yours did not, I found those videos have been uploaded to YouTube.  Try this link and follow the videos.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGrFX8tyS5-pxfqJnYyOSQ  The first one is about how to unbox and set up, so just go through that one quickly, but the subsequent videos take you step by step through knitting various samples using different techniques.  Also, If yours did not come with a manual (and it sounds like it did not) you may be able to pick a manual on ebay (I just checked and there's nothing there now) or by posting an ISO on Machine Knitting sites.  Best wishes.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
There are Passap manuals available.  Will any of these help?
S W
Sheila West

5 years ago
Increasing bulk stitches in stocking stitch on the Passap isn’t easy.  You could try making some waste yarn cast on rags - just cast on in stocking stitch over say 40 needles,knit 20 rows and cast off, make at least two of these.  
When you need to make a bulk increase just hang the cast off edge onto the number of needles you require.  Then take a length of yarn such as a medium crochet cotton and knit off those needles so that you now have just the crochet cord stitches on the needles (this is known as a draw thread and makes it easy to remove the cast on rag from the main knitting without damaging the rag).
Now follow the instructions for casting on the additional stitches as given in the manual. (Or once you are experienced, you could even do an e-wrap cast on over those needles).
Hope this helps, once you have the cast on rags knitted, it is quite quick to hang them and to knit the stitches by hand with the draw cord.  Of course you need to knit the cast in rags before starting to knit the practice piece or before knitting a garment - they are infinitely reusable so once you have knitted them, you don’t have to do it again for every project 😀
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC