T Y
Terry Young

4 years ago
Don't know how many "Guys" are out there, but I'm one. A retired engineer. My family knows I knit but not many others. I just bought a used Silver Reed SK840. Don't know if I got ripped off or not. I going thru the learning curve of learning the machine. I'm trying to do some Fair Isle swatches but having a problem with the machine. Every other row is knit in the background color. That's not in the design. I'm using the stitch designs that come with DAK8. Silver Reed #44 (paisley) . I've tried other ones also with same results. As you can see that should be the bottom of the paisley.
I'm not sure if I have DAK8 set up right or there is a problem with the carriage on my machine. Has anyone seen this before?
20190130_134720.jpg   
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
Hi, Terry,

I also have a Studio 840. I haven’t seen this particular problem before, but since you’re new to the machine, I could send you my “cheat sheet� of setting-up the machine for each of the methods, i.e. F-I, tuck, slip, etc. Let me know if you’d like a copy of it.
A P
Ann Poprdan

4 years ago
Hi Terry,  

I assume you don't have the (can't remember what it's called) That you plug the machine into (or vice versa) to do patterning.  You are downloading straight from the computer with DAK. Do you not have the pattern controller.?  I'll have a look in DAK and see if I can figure out what's happening.
Ann
A P
Ann Poprdan

4 years ago
Hi Terry, me again. Having looked in DAK the only thing I can think of  is the settings on your carriage. Also have you got it set to some other type of knitting in DAK.  Have you got your manual handy.  Can you check very carefully the settings you should be using on the carriage.  Also have you entered correctly the settings in DAK.  As I understand it DAK takes over the settings that you would use on the pattern controller.  You would still have to set the carriage to Fairisle. I don't know if you have to set the edge cams and the N1 cam.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
I may be a bit late to the party here ... my apologies.

Your sample makes me think that DAK thinks you are knitting Double Bed Jacquard 
Check >options . >Knitting Methods
M K
Mary Kint

4 years ago

Hi Terry, to add to previous suggestions:  I’ve had a similar problem previously.  Possibly the following could help. 

1.  Make sure you lubricate your needle bed & carriage before each project. 

2.  Static electricity can cause problems so wipe the carriage & needle bed with clothes dryer softening cloths. 

3.  Unplug the DAK equipment when not in use. Apparently it overheats (?) & causes mistakes in patterning.  This happened to me. I also disconnect my computer cord from electricity to give a rest too just in case it’s part of the problem.

S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
[QUOTE username=Mary Kint userid=6410532 postid=1310598093]

3.  Unplug the DAK equipment when not in use. Apparently it overheats (?) & causes mistakes in patterning.  This happened to me. I also disconnect my computer cord from electricity to give a rest too just in case it’s part of the problem.

[/QUOTE]

That's a new one for me ... unplugging now ....
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC