C R
Christine Rasmussen

5 years ago
Hi - I am an on-again off-again hand knitter and was looking for a new easy project on Ravelry.  I seem to like to knit in the winter b/c I like the yarn on my lap :-).  I work full time, have twin teenagers, and 3 dobermans... My main hobby is dog training, so you can imagine that I probably was crazy for even going down what I call the 'ravelry rabbit hole'.  So, I found the easy poncho pattern  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-folded-poncho and was going to give it a go, and found one finished project where the woman had said she made it in a couple of hours with her knitting machine... and I was like WHUTTTTTTT???? 

And there I went.  Right on down the ravelry rabbit hole.  Omygoodness.  What a trip this has been.  Fast forward - I bought 2 machines from an online auction for a total of $150 including shipping :-).  One is a toyota bulky KS650 and the other is a brother convertible KX390.  I replaced the sponge bars on both (well, the brother has a sponge, but not really a bar), and have set up the toyota on the kitchen table and haven't had one day in the last month or so that I haven't messed with it.  I can't really work from home  (which I can technically do), b/c I'm afraid I'll be on the knitting machine.

So far, I've made about 10 hats, of which 5 weren't thrown out :-).  I just got a garter bar off of ebay and now I will do the infinity scarf next.  I'm really enjoying my journey, but of course it's been a pretty steep learning curve! scxMKYl+Ri2yGDkdec%rEw.jpg 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
😂  Hi Christine!  Welcome to the world of MKing!
I love your statement

Just found out that knitting machines even existed, and went crazy!
Not just one machine ... but 2!  LOL - you are officially a MKer!  You are correct, there is a learning curve .. we like to talk about "the journey" .. because we are always learning new things ... 
Knit it now is here to inspire you and help along the way ....
Sue
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC