V C
Valerie Cassenti

5 years ago
I have been given a partial machine branded Sears Roebuck.  I have the two beds and miscellaneous parts, but no carriages, no tension unit and I am not yet sure what else is missing.  I know this was made for Sears by Orion, and that is a true 5-mm double bed machine, apparently of Swiss or German manufacture, probably made in the 1960s.  

As a person who rescues animals, I feel I should at least attempt to rescue this poor thing, but given what is missing, I don't know if this is even possible.  Does anyone know anything about this machine and where I might look for the carriages and tension unit, etc?  I don't think Passap parts will work with it, and the spacing is wrong for Japanese tools, etc.

If anyone has information that might be helpful in bringing Brunhilde back to life, I would love to know.  Thanks in advance!
D H
Deborah Henderson

5 years ago
The Answerlady aka Kate Winslow has a few YouTube videos on her Orion. Not sure if that info will help you in any way, but I always search all leads when learning about my machines. Good luck 
D H
Deborah Henderson

5 years ago
Also, I just rescued 2 Corona machines. They are 8mm machines, the same as the old Bond USM/ISM so those tools work for these machines. 
K H
Kesh Hatzis

5 years ago
There are vintage groups dedicated to specific machines on fb and ravelry. Share your needs on the facebook page, "Machine Knitting" & you'll get lots if input. You have to join the page.
V C
Valerie Cassenti

5 years ago
Thanks for suggestions - I decided this would probably be a lost cause, as most of it's parts are missing - carriages, connector, mast - even clamps to hold it on the table....
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC