C J
Carol Jones

5 years ago
don't understand manual on tuck....rubber wheels on carriage, are they working when straight in line? Or when you push the 2 middle ones forward?   End needle setup...should I turn to UP or Down to make them work?  I have carriage set on KC., brushes installed, Mach./Carriage well oiled.  Carriage seems a little hard to push. The 2 screws to hold down the silver part...where yarn is threaded...I tighten real hard.  TOO HARD??? Can  tension number be too big/small? I do know my biggest problem....age 86...lol ! Just don't want to give up yet..........Thanks ...Carol
S J
Sue Jalowiec

5 years ago
HI Carol!
I'm assuming you are using a Brother machine, correct?  What model?

1. Are you just having trouble with tuck?  Can you knit in Stockinette?

2. you say the carriage is hard to push ...Is it hard to push when there's no yarn involved?

3. The 2 screws ... do you mean the sinker plate? I suppose you can over tighten them (they don't need to be extra tight)

sinker-plate.jpg    

But it's more important that  the carriage is seated correctly on the needlebed.  It should be easy and smooth to push when the carriage is seated correctly.

4. The rubber wheels - on some machines you can slide the rubber wheels in position so they run along the gate pegs as you knit.  this helps especially with tuck.
rubber wheels.jpg 

5. End needle selection. (cancel patterning on the end  needle)
Some machines use the KC button to cancel the end needle selection.
My Brother 260 has you turn 2 teeny, tiny screws under the carriage
brother_260_end_needle_selection.jpg 

brother260.jpg  Hope this helps

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC