K W
Kathy Walker

4 years ago
Yesterday I bought a Brother kh 910 with a ribber from a local seller on ebay. When I went to pick it up, he also had a garter carriage so I bought it too! How timely was your show on them. If I hadn't seen the show, I probably wouldn't have known what it was and passed on it. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Whoo hooo!  KIN Mission Accomplished! ðŸ™Œ ðŸ˜
S S
Sharon Shattan

4 years ago
You will enjoy the garter carriage.   I use mine all the time for many items.  It is set and forget most of the time.  
A M
Anita McNeil

4 years ago
what, exactly, is a garter carriage?  Is there one to fit a memomatic?
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
A Garter Carriage is an electronic carriage which allows a knitter with a punchcard or electronic machine to knit all sorts of stitch patterns involving both knit and purl stitches.  G-Carriages were made by Brother and only work with their (later) models.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
[QUOTE username=Anita McNeil  Anita McNeil userid=6385046 postid=1308675724]what, exactly, is a garter carriage?  Is there one to fit a memomatic?[/QUOTE]

Here's a video that demonstrates how a G-carriage works

Daisy Knits has a compatibility chart that will help determine if your machine can use a G-Carriage
http://www.daisyknits.com/bcompatibility.htm
P D
Phyllis K Day

4 years ago
Hi, when I bought my Brother 965, it came with a G-carriage. However, one of the gate pegs on the bed is bent to one side. The machine knits fine with the knitting carriage, but will the bent gate peg affect the G-carriage? And I've tried to gently bend the gate peg back but after it flexes into where it should be it then bounces right back to being out of place. Maybe I need a larger pair of pliers?

Phyl Still Stitchin'
R B
Richard Brown

4 years ago
Hi Phyllis,
I had a few badly bent gate pegs on my 950i which I purchased off eBay. Two tips for safely bending them back into correct position - (1) remove gate peg assembly from main bed, there are screws underneath holding this in place - (2) use a little gentle heat applied to the point of the individual gate pegs where they are bent before attempting to gently bend it back with a pair of needle-nosed pliers. I used a decorator’s heat gun on a low-medium setting with the fine nozzle attached.

I hope this helps. 
P D
Phyllis K Day

4 years ago
Hi Richard;

Great tips, thank you very much. Do you know if a bent gate peg might be a problem for a G-carriage? It's just one peg and not terribly bent. And hopefully, gate pegs won't break off if I goof up the repair?

By the way, I have tons of questions about Gs here in the forum under "Equipment. When you have a chance, please head over there and share some more wisdom, please. :-)

Phyl
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC