B W
Barbara Wiel Marin

4 years ago
Hi everybody,

I’m Barbara from Padova. I’m a former information architect and translator until in 2016 I decided to follow a two months intensive knitting design program in Milan, learning machine knitting on a mechanical Brother machine. I was literally fascinated and decided to continue at home, bought a Silver reed SK280 and a chunky Brother Arianna.

I got immediately frustrated, I had learnt on a Brother machine and never got used to the Silver reed one. It was at this time that I discovered knititnow and Sue and became a member. Have followed many tuesday lives, rarely practiced. Until now, I’ve started the ribber knitalong.

Besides machine knitting I love tunisian crochet. By now I’m focused on baby blankets, cowls and hats.
@bwm_handmade is my IG account

That’s it!
Happy knittingto you all!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
HI Barbara!  Welcome!
The translation between the Brother and Silver Reed machines can be a bit tricky.  Since you only have the Silver to work on now, it should be easier.  It is more difficult for those who have both brands of machines and switch back and forth.

Remember that they both do the same stuff, you just have to "translate" the terms and the buttons/levers.

As I'm sure you know, the key is to UNDERSTANDING what each of the levers, buttons, dials control.  

Welcome to our little community and thank you for your support of Knit it Now!
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
Barbara,  I'm Sandee in Washington State, USA.  I have 5 Studio machines.  If you ever want to email me directly with questions, please feel free to do so.  My direct email is:  SandeeCPA@msn.com
B W
Barbara Wiel Marin

4 years ago
Hi Sandee and Sue,

thank you so much for your welcoming.

Sandee, I’ll get back to you for sure!
�
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone