A M
Anita McNeil

4 years ago
I live in a small town in mid-western Ontario, near Lake Huron.  Two Christmas's ago, I was struggling to finish hand knitting a gift for my son-in-law, when my husband suggested I find a knitting machine to complete the project.   I purchased a Singer memomatic machine, with a ribber, and no instruction manual.   Although it did not work to finish my project, I did learn a lot when I had to take it totally apart to clean and "re-make" a couple of key pieces.   I knit a wedding shawl for my daughter after that, but have not used it since.   Also purchased an LK100, which I find simple and easy to use, on which I've made countless small projects.   I'm a bit intimidated by the bigger machine, and would love to make something on it, but lack the confidence that I can make it work.  Knit it Now has been a very valuable resource for me, and I have lots of projects in mind that I'd like to try, when I feel confident enough to take them on.   Your encouragement is invaluable
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
Did you ever find a manual for your Singer?  There are sites out there with older manuals that you can download.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Welcome Anita!
Now that you are comfortable with the LK 100,  you are on your way to using the "bigger" machine.  Keep in mind that the functionality is the same, you just have more bells and whistles on your Singer machine.

You NEED the manual ... take a look here Manuals and Documents 
You'll need to know the model number of your  machine.  Let me know if you need help finding it.

Hope you join us for an upcoming Knit-along ... it's a great way to get focused on a project and get help along the way.
A M
Anita McNeil

4 years ago
Thanks Sue - I did find a manual - I think it's the right one.   I ended up taking most of the machine apart to clean it, oil it, remove some rust from some needles, and replace a spring (which I had to make myself from stove wire).   After all that, I'm fairly familiar with the working parts of the machine - I've set it aside for a while now - maybe I was just tired of taking it apart and putting it back together!    I'll see if I can join a Knit-along soon - would love to master this machine.  Many thanks!
A M
Anita McNeil

4 years ago
I just thought of a question........  what is the difference between the LK100 and LK150 in terms of different capabilities?   Would it be worth my while to try to find an LK150?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
[QUOTE username=Anita McNeil  Anita McNeil userid=6385046 postid=1308766370]I just thought of a question........  what is the difference between the LK100 and LK150 in terms of different capabilities?   Would it be worth my while to try to find an LK150?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps someone here knows the answer about the difference (I've never been a machine dealer)  BUT

Both machines are very basic machines. IMHO  If the LK100 is working, I can't see any reason to look for an LK150.  If you are going to find a second machine, look for a punchcard machine in the gauge you like ... just my 2 cents....
A M
Anita McNeil

4 years ago
Hello Sue - I do have a punchcard machine - Singer Memomatic, and I also have the ribber.  I bought them both from the original owner, who didn't use them much.  They were quite in need of some TLC though - I've taken the knitting machine almost totally apart, cleaned and oiled it, and replaced a couple of small parts.   I am able to knit on it now, but haven't used it for some time.   The ribber is more of a challenge.   My space is quite limited, so setting it up means blocking off some passages in my condo!   I'd love to master it, but I'm toying with trying to sell them as a package and just stick with the LK100.   Even with its limitations, I'm a bit more confident using it.
C P
Cynthia Price

4 years ago
[QUOTE username=Anita McNeil  Anita McNeil userid=6385046 postid=1308675664]I live in a small town in mid-western Ontario, near Lake Huron.  Two Christmas's ago, I was struggling to finish hand knitting a gift for my son-in-law, when my husband suggested I find a knitting machine to complete the project.   I purchased a Singer memomatic machine, with a ribber, and no instruction manual.   Although it did not work to finish my project, I did learn a lot when I had to take it totally apart to clean and "re-make" a couple of key pieces.   I knit a wedding shawl for my daughter after that, but have not used it since.   Also purchased an LK100, which I find simple and easy to use, on which I've made countless small projects.   I'm a bit intimidated by the bigger machine, and would love to make something on it, but lack the confidence that I can make it work.  Knit it Now has been a very valuable resource for me, and I have lots of projects in mind that I'd like to try, when I feel confident enough to take them on.   Your encouragement is invaluable[/QUOTE]

Good Morning I live In Oshawa, Ontario down on lake Ontario east of Toronto.  welcome to the group.  I would enjoy seeing some of your work. there is a section of Knit it Now that has Manuals for almost all machines.  I too have a memomatic singer machine. I love it.  I also recently got an LK100 which I want to set up after I change the sponge bar.  try to join us when our classes start up again and we get together on Wednesdays for zoom meeting which are Q and A to our projects.
cynthia price
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Here's the link to the free Manuals and Documents page.

It's hosted by KnittingMachinesETC who have kindly allowed us to list them on our site.
When downloading be sure to use the SMALL "download" button just under the $0.00. There is other advertising on their page and don't want to download something else by mystake.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC