P D
Phyllis K Day

4 years ago

A friend has been servicing and selling the machines and equipment for a widower whose wife was a machine knitter. Last Thursday she sold me a Brother/Knitking 965, ribber and garter bar. She also sold me a G-Carriage and included a second one that was missing its cord. (She jokingly said it was for “parts.�)

Work and other life interruptions have kept me from really playing with it - though she did set it up, attach the ribber, and demonstrated the electronics.

So, who among us has one of these machines, be it any Brother standard gauge from the 910 to 970?

Or who has recently acquired another machine or will soon? Do tell - I’m all ears. Thanking you in advance.

Phyl Still Stichin' (from the historic Wilmont in Raleigh, NC)

J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
Oh wow, lucky you!

I have a Brother 940 which I LOVE.  Wanted an electronic for ages but they were out of my price range.  Then I was lucky enough to get this one for a lot less than what - I think - it was worth.  I haven't yet fully explored all its capabilities so it will keep me amused for years!

My sister, who has never machine knit before, has just acquired a Brother KX-390 convertible, which is a machine I hadn't met before, but it seems quite similar to my Option 4 (which is basically an LK-150).  To-morrow I am going to help her put a new sponge strip into it and then she'll be relying on me to teach her to knit with it!

Jenny
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Brother 970 was my first and is still one of my favorite machines.
C P
Cynthia Price

4 years ago
I just got an LK 155 and I don't know how to change the sponge bar.  I already bought a new sponge bar for it but I hope someone will tell me how to install it.  thanks so much.  I know how you feel Jenny I always wanted an electronic one too.  I am so happy for you and Phyllis.
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
There's an excellent YouTube video at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyPsOcqsrdg

It looks rather easier than changing the one on the Brother convertible, which I have been helping my sister with.

Jenny
M D
Maryse Desmarais

4 years ago
Someone just gave me a signer 360 with ribber, and a lot of things I don’t know of, but everything smells like and old basement, I ordered sponge bars for the machine and the ribber and I’m actually soaking needles to get off small spots of rust on them. The ribber also have a small spot of rust on it I hope I’ll be able to take it off. 
For the basement smell is there something I can try to get it out. All of the volume smells like that too. 

Thanks in advance for your help! And sorry for my English I’m in Quebec 😉
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC