J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
Do your knitting machines have names, or do you just call them by their model number?  All my machines are named!

When I returned to machine knitting after many years away from it, I bought a Toyota, which was quite a robust and masculine machine, so I called it Ken because it was my Toy Boy.  Then I bought a Brother Standard Gauge and, of course, she became Barbie.  Following that was another Brother Standard Gauge, so she was Sindy, which is the UK's version of a Barbie doll.  Next I bought a Brother 710 and named him Terry after the Terri who encouraged me to buy a 710.  Unfortunately, Terry didn't work very well so I bought another one which I called Twit, because it was Terry's Working Identical Twin.  My friend Audrey was with me at a KM Show when I bought my Option 4, so naturally that is named Audrey.  And lastly my electronic, who was rather an expensive lady, is named Lady Docker after a 1950's socialite whose extravagant lifestyle was considered rather scandalous .

Incidentally, I never owned ALL these machines at the same time!  I just have Terry, Barbie, Audrey and Lady D now, but only the last 2 up and running.

Oh, and my Garter Carriage is called Clacky!

Jenny
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
LOL!  Jenny this is priceless! ðŸ˜†

I once named a car (it was Bluebell) my family thought I'd lost it ... Need to start thinking of names for my machines!
C P
Cynthia Price

4 years ago
You have just shown us that the British Humour is one of the greatest things going.  My grandfather who was born in Croydon named all his trucks. lol Your sense of humour is fantastic and my Taffy had a great sense of humour as well. we need more humour in our lives.  maybe I'll start naming mine,  my Brother standard gauge will be Lil  that is who I bought it from over 30 years ago. lol My LK 150 will be Kneebone since I got it free from a Mrs Kneebone. lol I' ll have to think about the Bulky Machine I bought from a Scottish lady who was moving to Ireland and a Singer standard still to name. lol what fun. lol
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC