P D
Phyllis K Day

4 years ago
While swatching, I noticed that one of the gate pegs on my Brother 965 is bent to one side just enough that it's very tricky trying to use the three-pronged tool to move stitches over. It also made the cast on messy for the stitches on either side of it.

To remedy this issue, would it be okay to take a pliers and gently move it back in place?

Phyl Still Stichin'
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
Yes!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
I've seen suggestions that you protect the gate peg by wrapping the pliers so they don't scratch/dent or damage the gate peg .... remember the yarn passes along them so nicks and dings could cause a problem ...
M M
Marjorie McRoberts

4 years ago
I tweak my gate pegs often. There are many type of pliers. There are some with smooth jaws. They are less likely to mark or rough up the surface than the ones with grippers in their jaws. I purchased an assortment of smooth jawed pliers from Joanne’s near their bead craft area. Sort of jewelers pliers. I particularly favor the wider flat jawed ones. They spread the pressure over a wider area. They were a lot less expensive than the pliers I used professionally for electronics. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC