K P
Kerri Pangman

4 years ago
My grandmother taught me to knit when I was 8, and ha been knitting off and on over the years. I bought a KnitKing KH830 in the late 70s. I soon added a ribber and all the accessory pieces.  I was an Army Wife and used these to make gifts for family members, and soon found myself making small items for craft fairs.  I even had a small business for a while, called Kerri Knits.  I added a bulky machine as well, a KH230. 

In the mid 80s, I began a teaching career, and had no more time to knit anything, either by hand or by machine.  

Fast forward to now... I am retired from teaching, living in Colorado (for the first time - our chosen retirement destination) for the last 5 years. I began hand knitting again as soon as we got unpacked. I researched a lot - thanks, Google - and had to relearn many things I used to know about knitting. So after several years of hand-making gifts for grandchildren and others, I knew it was time to break out my old knitting machines.  Headed for Google again and low and behold, I stumbled on KIN!  You have helped so much - I have been hitting the videos and as many live events as I can be there for. I spent last weekend taking apart and cleaning my machines, and I am about ready to re-learn what I have forgotten about machine knitting. 

So as soon as the sponge bars are replaced on both machines, I can begin whittling down my S.A.B.L.E. (Stash Acquired Beyond Live Expectancy - not my acronym... Google again).

Thanks again - I am a happy re-newbie!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Welcome Kerrie! I'm so glad you found us!

Can't wait to see your progress in re-learning your machines - It's like riding a bicycle ... you'll be zooming along in no time!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC