S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
A knitter is looking for a MK pattern for a jacket with a lapel collar.  She has a vintage pattern by David Miles, but she isn't happy with it.

Any suggestions?
UPDATE:  She did find a MK lapel collar pattern by Connie Hester on Ravelry
W T
Wendy Taber

4 years ago
I have been looking for a resource to help with collars for years. Shawl collars, turtles, mandarin, Peter Pan...... 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Hi Wendy,
It's a topic that's been on "to do" list for almost as long! ðŸ™‚

Might be a good topic for a knit-along ... trying out some different collar styles to get the creative juices flowing.
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
Don't get your hopes too high, but i THINK I have a little booklet on collars at home - but I'm not at home right now.  I'll have a look at the weekend and report back.

Jenny
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
I'm now home and checked my bookshelf and found that the booklet I have is by Maggie Andrews and is called Add A Collar.  It says on the front "Patterns for fifteen collars.  Permanent or removable.  In yarn of your choice."  I haven't actually tried any of them yet myself, but they look like a good, varied selection.

Sadly, Maggie died fairly recently, but the copyright to her patterns is now held by Country Knitting of Maine and they do have this booklet (in PDF format) on sale for $5.  https://www.countryknittingofmaine.com/MaggieAndrews.html.

I do hope mentioning this is not "treading on your toes", Sue.

Jenny
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
No broken toes here!  ðŸ˜Š

I'm so happy that Linda at Country Knitting of Maine is preserving a lot of the "tribal knowledge" from the past.

I am sad that when newer knitters see all that "vintage" material, it reinforces the idea that machine knitting is old fashioned.

I'm sorry that there isn't more updated material for all of us to use ... Oh well .. it is what it is ... ðŸ˜„

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC