M S
Marja Slui

4 years ago

Hi Sue and fellow machine knitters,

I must show you all my finished sweater with a v-neck.
It is my very first knitted piece of garment and it took a lot of practice, ripping back, ugly words and all, but the result is very nice and it fits. 
The only thing I regret is that I used my iron for ironing the sides flat for easier sewing. I showed it to several persons and they said if I hadn't mentioned it, they wouldn't have noticed the more flat sides..... 
It is made with two threads of Bambi (on a cone) and it is acrylic yarn. The color is a very very very neon kind off pinkish. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it, but I'm used to wearing brights, but this is to much even for me, hihihi

10 x 10 cm = 31 st x 44 rows, hems at 3 and the rest at 5** and 5* (from the armholes up)
Picture 1: whole sweater
Picture 2: detail V neck
picture 3: schoulder seam

Kind regards Marja

W T
Wilma Tammer

4 years ago
Very well done, especially for a first time sweater.
( machine knitting taught me to accidentally say bad words, but it also taught me patience;-) )
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
🙌  Beautiful!  Congrats for sticking with it!  
C P
Cynthia Price

4 years ago
i am so happy for you.  beware though because now your hooked.  keep up the good work. 
N M
Nancy Mangeri

4 years ago
Great Job!!! So glad you stuck with it and shared with us.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future!!
M S
Marja Slui

4 years ago
Nancy and Cynthia, thank you so much for your kind words.
I've been struggeling for 2 years, while I was tutored by a teacher. She can do a lot of fancy stuff, but the basics were never taught :-(
With the help of KiN I managed to knit my first garment and I'm so happy.
I hope I can show many future items that I'll knit.
Next friday I'm buying a ribber!!! I'm so excited!
J F
Jill Foley

4 years ago
Beautiful neckline. I’m inspired!
M S
Marja Slui

4 years ago
Thank you so much Jill, I was pleasently surprised by the outcome of the v neck. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC