B M
Bernie Murray

3 years ago
Newbie Bernadette here from Missouri. I purchased a LK-150 a few months back to step up from the Ultimate Sweater Machine purchased at JoAnne many years ago. The only time I had made something on that machine was a few Harry Potter style scarves where I just switched colors by row.

So far I've made a poncho with the LK-150 in which I converted a hand knit pattern and used a combo of hand knitting and machine knitting. It was a lesson for sure.

I've found making my brain switch from hand knitting to machine knitting is a bit more difficult than I thought, but I'm up to the challenge. Right now I'm reviewing the sock class on this site and plan to make a pair as soon as I get my son off to college for his freshman year.

I joined this site because a fellow more advanced machine knitter recommended it and so far so good!
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
Hi Bernie! Welcome to our little corner of the MK world!
Being a hand knitter gives you a big advantage in your learning curve. 

With a little practice you'll quickly become "bi-lingual" ðŸ˜„

There's a lot of material on socks on the site ... here's a link to the classroom

Our basic socks have short row toes and heels.
If you get adventurous, you might want to explore a gored heel (more like a hand knitting heel) in this book

[swan_sock_cover1080]
C P
Cynthia Price

3 years ago
welcome to our group. I am sure you will love the mitten course as well.
M K
Mary Kint

3 years ago
Knitting a prickly pear sweater for your college bound son would be so easy for you & a big sense of accomplishment for you.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
The adult equivalents of Prickly pear:
These are simple-to-knit drop shoulder, round neck sweaters.  All Perfect Fit so you can make all the adjustments you need

Man's | Flint
Women Plus | Pepper
Misses | Geranium
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC