C D
Cleo Daley

4 years ago
Is there a garter bar for the LK50? I do charity knitting and the sweater upper chest portion requires stockinette on both sides. I decided to follows Sue J's suggestion and reverse the work and do garter stitch.  Its been quite  a challenge to replace the work after removing it with a double pointed needle.  Any suggestions? 
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
Yes, there is.  If you Google "Garter Bar LK150" you will find plenty of references, including where to buy one.

Personally, I struggle to get comfortable with my Garter Bar and am thinking of giving up trying with it.  I find doing a few rows of waste yarn is very quick and easy - I think that would as quick as the knitting needle method.

Jenny
M K
Mary Kint

4 years ago
Yes, search “kriskrafterâ€?. They sell garter bars. 
M K
Mary Kint

4 years ago
Kriskrafter garter bars are different than the original ones no longer manufactured.  But there is help in learning to use these “newbiesâ€?. Susan Guagliumi has 3 classes on Blu Print/Craftsy. One of the classes demonstrates how to use the kriskrafter garter bar on a LK150.  â€œSpecial Techniques for Machine Knitting-Color & Texture “ is the class. 
D K
Dayana Knits

4 years ago
Just saw this thread pop up. Does anyone know if the 6.5mm KrisKrafter garter bar will manage to fit a 6mm mid gauge machine?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Nope ... the distance between the "prongs" of the garter bar MUST match the distance between the needles.  You need a 6 mm garter bar.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC