S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
What has been other machine (or hand) knitters' experiences with the Hague Linker - either manual or electronic?  I'm seriously thinking of buying a new one -- probably electronic.  After several hand and shoulder surgeries, it's gotten quite difficult for me to seam garments by hand.  This morning, I got one set-in sleeve sewn in, and my left palm is so sore that it's going to be days before I can hope to even get the other sleeve sewn in, let alone the side seams.  I definitely don't want any troublesome gear, so any thoughts regarding its use would be greatly appreciated.
W T
Wilma Tammer

4 years ago
Hi Sandee, I recently purchased the electric one (D280E if I’m correct) and I love it!!!! I have polyarthrosis and Dupruytren and wear braces/splints, which I sometimes remove to do tricky stuff. I choose for the electric one because I know I might not be able to turn the wheel for longer periods on many days. The GBP is low, so I finally was able to get one. Wish I’d had it sooner. Just sharing my personal experience. Good luck and I would say: go for it :-)
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
OK -- thanks a whole lot for the comments.  I got just a little further along on seaming my new sweater, but, once again, my hands are hurting again today.  I was thinking of the electric one, too, because of the cranking of a handwheel with my post-surgical shoulders.    What is GBP?
W T
Wilma Tammer

4 years ago
Hi Sandee, it is Great British Pound. The exchange rate for the £ is very good, at least for me, living in the Netherlands (Europe).
I ordered directly from Hague in the UK.
Good luck, I know how hard it is when being in pain and not being able to do even the simplest things.
Wilma
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
I'm in the USA.  I can order the linker over here, undoubtedly for more money, but at this point, that's of no matter.  I'm finally heading into retirement and am all ready to do the things I've wanted to do all my working life, and  now have physical problems that are "trying" to prevent me from doing so.  But !!  I'm bound and determined they won't win.  So I'll be over here cheering us both on!  Thanks for your help.
W T
Wilma Tammer

4 years ago
You’re welcome and thank you for cheering us both on!!!
There’s a Latin proverb I often think of ,Luctor et Emergo’ meaning I wrestle and emerge. I love knitting (and yarn) it keeps me sane so I certainly won’t give up easily :-)
Happy knitting!!!!
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
We are so alike, Wilma.....I'm not giving up easily (or any other way, for that matter) on my beloved machine knitting.  I had to quit crocheting in early 2018 and hand-knitting in late 2018 because of hand/shoulder pain.  But I'm going down fighting before I give up my machine knitting.  P.S.  Did you get the stand with the electric linker?  I've watched several videos on the electronic linker now, but none show the full garment as attached to the linker with the linker stand in-use.  It seems to me that there would be a lot of weight hanging off the linker when hanging a heavier garment on it if you used the stand.  Did you get Diana Bennett's THE HANGUE LINKER book, as well? 
W T
Wilma Tammer

4 years ago
You’re right I think, I can relate in what you write. In 2002 I had to quit crocheting, machine and hand knitting. In 2013 I taught myself continental knitting and I could knit again, but it’s getting more difficult again. Crochet is still too difficult, maybe a row of finishing but no blankets etc. So back to machine knitting. I do have a motor on one of my machines and now the linked, I’m so fortunate.
yes, I have the stand and haven’t used it without it. I will try it one day without stand, but I linker some sweaters and I prefer the work to hang down and not draped around the bottom of the linked. Then I would need one hand to hold and move the work I think and now both hand are free. But as I say, I haven’t tried it without stand.
yes, the booklet comes the linker, you don’t have to buy it separately (as does the little hook to thread the machine and a spare needle). It’s for sale for people who have an older linker (it wasn’t added then) and for people who buy second hand linkers. Together with watching both Diana Bennett’s long videos and the ones from Susan Guagliumi I managed fine. It was awkward at the beginning but after a few sweaters I am getting better at hanging the stitches. Usually it takes me two days to finish a sweater (if my body cooperates) now one afternoon, maybe less.
W T
Wilma Tammer

4 years ago
Sorry for the typos. Me and autocorrect  ðŸ˜•
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
I bought the linker today, but without the stand.  I bought it without the stand mostly because I'm already so cramped in my knitting areas since I've got four knitting machines up-and-running plus 2 embroidery machines, ironing board, etc.  I tried to find Diana Bennett's THE HANGUE LINKER book to buy new, but can't find it anywhere, except used on Ebay and I haven't had the best of luck in receiving what I've ordered from Ebay sellers.  Is it the Diane Bennett book that comes automatically with the linker?
W T
Wilma Tammer

4 years ago
787BAF24-B133-44B3-8C30-2D5FCDFB0D3A.png  Yes, the booklet comes with the linker as I tried to say in my previous message. It is the same book(let) as the one on sale on the site of Hague Direct. I almost ordered it separately. I did order the hook, which also comes with the machines, so now I have two. I think in the description it says this is for people with the older machines as it wasn’t included then. (Maybe because it wasn’t even written?)

How lovely, 4 machines up and embroidery machines as well. So you have a knitting room too (I do ðŸ˜?)
I only 2, but I want to set up my LK150 too as I have some (understatement) DK stashed as well. 
Good luck with your linker, I hope you’ll be as happy with it as I am, please keep me informed.
Have a nice weekend and happy knitting!!
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
I not only have a sewing/knitting room, but I've taken over the dining room with two machines, as well.  I used to have a rec room, but that's full of bins of yarn and fabric, too!
W T
Wilma Tammer

4 years ago
O my, you’re a woman to my heart!!! If I could I would do the same, I already claimed a small corner in the living room. But hubby has a piano which is taking up the other part I would have claimed if I could LOL.
My boxes of yarn are in my knitting room, I don’t think I can stash more, it’s stuffed like a turkey for Christmas dinner.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC