K P
Kerri Pangman

2 years ago
Does anyone know anything about the new Brother-type knitting machines from Taitexma?  AllBrands.com has standard-gauge, mid-gauge, and bulky machines (bulky is extra long - 150 sts!). All have ribbers available.  Sounds tempting, but I don't know if the brand is good.  I would love to have a mid-gauge - especially if it can have a ribber!
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

2 years ago
Kerri,  Hmmmmm......I don't know a thing about them and had not heard of them before your question.  I just went to AllBrands to look at them.  I trust AllBrands and have bought equipment from them before; in fact I just ordered a Hague electronic linker.  The prices seem good.  I Googled Taitexma (pronounced tie-tex-ma), but couldn't find any independent reviews of the machines.  I subscribe to Machine Knitting Monthly (imported from England) and don't recall seeing this machine advertised in it, but I'll have to watch out for them now.  Although, already having five working KM's, I hardly need any more! 
M S
Marja Slui

2 years ago

These machines are the nowadays replica's for the Brother machines. My teacher in the Netherlands sells them. They are good, but they are not as nice as the Brother machines. Something about the finishinf off the machine I believe. The bed isn't as smooth as the Brother. 

But you can knit fine with them and all parts are available. If Brother equipment/parts fit this newe machines I don't know.

A S
Ann Shephard

2 years ago
I have the mid-gauge, but am concerned that the mid-gauge is 6.0mm, where most other mid-gauge machines (i.e., LK-150) are 6.5mm.  So there are some concerns about compatibility with accessories.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC