S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
I'm having a curious problem with my EC-1, that is ONLY occurring on my Studio standard bed electronic 840 machine.  When I use the EC-1 on my Studio mid-gauge 860, it works fine, using the same mylar pattern.  Here's the curious problem:  It works fine if I cast-on, say, 80 needles on the standard.  But as soon as I cast-on the required number of n's for my garment (77 L and 78 R), I can't get the inspection light to toggle off.  Sometimes it will toggle off and move up 1 row with the first knitted row, and then won't move up to the 2nd row and stops.  These problems don't occur until I cast-on more needles.

Here's what I've already tried:
1.  Cleaned the main carriage sensors with alcohol and Q-tips and let dry.
2.  Cleaned the clock strip (timing bar) with alcohol and Q-tips and let dry.
3.  Cleaned the plug of the curl coil as well as the curl coil plug-in of the main carriage.
4,  Turned the EC-1 on and off again numerous, numerous times to re-set it.

I awaiting delivery of a used EC-1, which might shed some light on the problem, but until then, does anyone know anything about this problem?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
LOL!  DONE!

This is what I deleted

TA-DUM!!!!  I've been working away at solving this problem for days!!!!   But being the pathological obsessive that I am about machine knitting, I couldn't even sleep until I solved this problem, and, VOILA!,  I have.  Since an 80 stitch cast-on worked fine (see above), I just re-started with WY at 80 stitches and kept increasing out until the patterning quit working, which occurred at needle L64, and so I looked straight down into the grating directly behind the rail that the main carriage rides on, and there's a metal "pin" missing at needle L64 between the grating.  So, I will have to send the bed into repair, but at least I can get some sleep now.  Whew!  This was a tough one.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC