S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
I finally solved my 10-day experiment to figure-out why my Studio 840 electronic quit patterning (and the EC-1 quit rolling up) at around needle L73.  It turns out it was because I had the KR-7 radar device mounted.  When I take the radar off the machine, patterning starts up again.  I repeated this experiment by remounting the radar and got the same results, and then removing it again and having the patterning (and EC1) start working again.  All the literature says that the KR-7 works with the Studio electronic machines, and, indeed, the KR-7 fits the mounting pins for it on the 840 and the 840 machine also comes with a feeding bar to attach to the KR-7 that triggers the KR-7 radar device to roll-up.

Has anyone else had any experience with this problem?  I totally don't get it.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
OMG, Sandee ... what a great bit of investigating you did! At least you discovered there isn't anything wrong with your machine. 
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
True; nothing wrong with equipment. But something wrong with this particular combination of equipment.   But, just got message from my repair service that they have not had this problem occur before.  I truly expected they would have a solution to the problem.  I use my radar all the time now, so I guess I will have to hunt for a KR-10 or KR-11 to use with my electronics.  However, next experiment:  put KR-7 radar on mid-gauge electronic 860 and see if have same problem. 
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC