S S
Sue Stannard

4 years ago
i used the lace carriage for the first time and it drops the stitches on the right hand side as it goes back to the left.......does anyone know how to rectify this?
also there is no tripper on the lace carriage  so it doesnt count the rows it is going across the bed.
my machine is electronic brother Kh930 and I was using pattern 106 from stitch world.
i also found it confusing when to use the knit carriage as the numbers showed up in the memo display as I was going across with the lace carriage...
please help.
regards sue Stannard
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
In nearly every lace pattern when the Lace Carriage returns to the left side without selecting any needles, then it's time to use the Knit Carriage.  It would be VERY confusing to have a tripper on the Lace carriage because with some patterns you don't always do the same number of LC passes between KC passes so it would be difficult to know how many rows you would need the Row Counter to show to equate to the actual number of knitted rows you wanted.

Do a little test piece with several different lace patterns to see if it's always the same needles which are dropping stitches and/or if it's only ever when the transfer is from right to left.  If it's always the same needle, changing that needle should cure it.  If it's only ever dropping stitches in one direction it might be because you are moving the carriage in a different way - maybe faster or not pressing on it so much.

Jenny
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC