j d
josephine donohoe

3 years ago
Hello,
I am new. I first bought the beginners course and everyone that is dear to me now has a hat including 3 new additions to the extended family. I have also knit one sock! Can I thank you most sincerely Sue for calling me and encouraging me when I was about to consign my machine to the bin!
I would like to identify the exact make of my machine. It is a brother KH but the number is worn off...it is 4.5 gauge so I am guessing 840 or 860 but now that I am looking at the lace workshops in the knit club I need to be able to identify what exactly each button, wheel and knob does. For example to release the carriage I have to open two levers, one at each side of the carriage while the manuals that I have looked at indicate a knob on the carriage. Can I upload pictures somewhere,...and someone might be able to identify exact model.
Thanks. Happy knitting everyone
Jo
J B
Jenny M Benson

3 years ago
That sounds much more like the way an Intarsia Carriage works, than the normal Carriage of a Brother machine..  I have had 830, 840 and 891 machines and released the  Carriage by the knob on the top.  I'll be interested to see a photo, which you can post to this forum.

Jenny
j d
josephine donohoe

3 years ago
1570963848076-1403511398.jpg  1570963792743898217926.jpg 
J B
Jenny M Benson

3 years ago
This is a bit of a puzzle!  If it is a 24-stitch punchcard model, that rules out the 820.  The first 24-stitch punchcard machine was the 830, but that, I believe - had the same manual as the 836 and I have that manual and it refers to Carriage Release on the Change Knob.  I'm sure all the later models had the same.

The model number is usually on a plaque on the lid of the machine, as well as on the Carriage.  Are you also missing that plaque?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Jenny
A P
Ann Poprdan

3 years ago
I had a KH 881 that was green and cream. Your machine looks very like that.

Ann
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC