L R
Lyn Reese

4 years ago
This is my finished right angle Afghan I made for my son.  It is using Brother card 7 in tuck.  I edged it with a border I found on pinterest that uses single crochet in back loops.  Thought that would go well with the pattern.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
LOVE IT!  LOVE the colors and the crochet edge ... good choice!
I noticed that because you used tuck, the stripes aren't as wide as with stockinette.

How many balls did you use?

BTW - this is designed as a square blanket, but you could add 2 more blocks and make it a rectangle ...
L R
Lyn Reese

4 years ago
I used just short of 5 skeins of Caron Cupcake.  The pattern was based on 48" square adult throw.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Thanks! 
It looks like the Cupcakes are 3.5 oz/ 100 grams/ 126 yards each
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

4 years ago
Lynn,  That's a great afghan -- I love the colors, too.
L R
Lyn Reese

4 years ago
Thanks Sandee.  My son liked it.  He had requested a homemade (mama made) afghan for his birthday.  Just got back from his house and was going to update the yarn I used and saw your comment.

Sue, I actually used Caron Cakes, not cupcakes.   Net weight 7.1 oz/200 g, and approximately 383 yards each.
M C
Marie-Jo Chaminade-Saintesprit

4 years ago
Hello Lyn ! I do like the brother card 7 and used it a lot ! But I never tried to use more than one color, it's a very good idea and the ones you've chosen are gorgeous. I'll give it a try....if you allow, of course!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC