B M
Bernie Murray

3 years ago
I've been working with my brand new ribber (SRP 60N - Silver Reed) and it keeps on catching at the right end. I finally put two and two together and am wondering if this is the culprit. It appears the top end might be bent. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is an issue. IMG_0181.jpg 
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

3 years ago
Bernie,
No, this is not a usual problem.  I have two SRP-60's and have no issues.  If this is brand new, then the seller or the manufacturer is at fault.  I've attached a picture of the underside of my SRP-60 carriage to show you that it isn't bent.

Sandee, Auburn, Washington State
B M
Bernie Murray

3 years ago
Okay, thanks Sandee! I'm also having other issues with my new ribber. I'm having the worst time getting the ribber high enough to work with the ribber arm from the main carriage. I've raised the adjusting lever on the underside of the ribber as far as it can go and I still can't get the ribber carriage to attach to the ribber arm. (I though I had it fixed, but when I was having some of the lower needles catching in the ribber arm, I found that the adjustment was off again. It's been incredibly frustrating trying to get this thing to work. This is my second knitting machine, but my first ribber.

I'm thinking the issue above is part of a larger mechanical issue. I've been pulling my hair out. 😩
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

3 years ago
Where did you get the ribber?
B M
Bernie Murray

3 years ago
Angelika's Yarn Store in Independence, Missouri. I call them yesterday and she'll be back in the store on Thursday. I'm going to call then and bring the ribber in for Angelika to see.
S G
SANDEE GIMBLETT

3 years ago
Great, Bernie.  At least you have a physical place to take it to to get it looked at and replaced.
M M
Marjorie McRoberts

3 years ago
I hope your problem has long been resolved. Fall of 2020 I finally mounted my SRP-60N on my SK280, having been inspired by the October Knit-Along. Talk about problems! The my first problem sounds like your problem. For me, I had tried mounting the "mounting plates" either above or below the Main Bed deck. The spacing when below was as you describe. Turns out the "mounting plate" sandwiches the MB. Once Charlene Schaffer (Knit Knack Shop) helped me see that, the spacing issue was resolved. I do not like the illustration in the manual. Now, that I know the answer, I can see what they meant, but not before much wailing and gnashing of teeth!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC