D H
Doris Holley

4 years ago
Hi everyone. I am having trouble making a simple Rosemarry Pullover sweater. Your size chart for missy says I need to make a 6 for my bust measurements. My gauge swatch after blocking is 25 sts and 35 rows. Everything comes out too big and my gauge changed to 28 x 32 UGH!!  the sleeves are too long, the with is too big at the bust line...etc. I did want it larger at the hips so I entered that change. I did notice that the sides don't have a decrease to allow for that. What am I doing wrong?? I really like that sweater.
Thank you
Doris
J G
Joy Green

4 years ago
Hi Doris
If your swatch has changed to 28 stitches, your top should surely have come out smaller?
What is your actual bust measurement, and what size does the pattern say it should come out at?
Joy :)
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Hi Doris!
I'm so sorry you are struggling....

Why don't you send me a photo of your swatch with rulers?... let's work through this ... in order to be successful, we need to get to the bottom of your confusion!

BTW the Rosemary Pullover isn't a fitted design.  If you want the sides shaped, the Violet or Lilac (with shapes shoulders) would work.

Please email me at sue@knititnow.com
D H
Doris Holley

4 years ago
Sorry I've been busy at work. I will post my swatch tonight. I am trying the size 6.
Doris
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC