J G
Joy Green

4 years ago
Hi from Joy, here in the UK (not far from Sandringham where the Queen stays in December /January each year).
Thought you might like to see these I made using Sue's basic adult sock pattern,  my first socks made on my Brother KH881.😃😃😃
I used 45% alpaca, 25% wool, 30% polyamide DK yarn, (worsted weight in US I believe )
I used T9 to make the stitches close together,  not too tight or too loose.
I put the toes onto circular needles to graft them, but think I twisted the stitches so it's quite noticeable, but not worried about that as it doesn't show when wearing footwear.
I mattress stitched the side seam which came out really well, although takes a long time. 
They are just under one inch too long, I can't have been wearing my glasses when I measured my foot(!!) so will adjust the rows if I use the same yarn again.
Anyway, I am really pleased with them, and no doubt hubby will want a pair, I have some off white colour  put away for him 🙂
If anyone else has knitted any using this pattern I would love to see them!!
Thank you 
Joy 🙂
One sewn up, and the other still 'flat' lol
20191105_113653.jpg 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Beautiful!  Congrats ... you did a great job!  
Just like machine knitting, learning to knit socks is a journey.  We all have preferences and it takes time to perfect them.

Sue
J L
Jane Lane

4 years ago
I too just ventured into the sock world.  I found my sock to be too tight and too small so I have adjusted my pattern and  am doing a second sock today.  I have just finished hand knitting the top and will now transfer it to my bulky.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC