d p
delia pena

4 years ago
my instruction lucky cloche. 94 needle on hat crown  decrease2stitch across the row evenly.  decrease transfer all stitches to fill empty needle and knit across the row.
 count 14 needle transfer the stitches to the needle to the left. next work decrease transfer.  the number keep get smaller 
my question is when I watch video you did it different you pull out needle and count your needle. is there some way you can explain. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
HI Delia,
I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your question.

Have you tried the pattern?  The video is pretty clear.  The best way to understand is to try it.
d p
delia pena

4 years ago
Yes I did and watch video or yea clear why is it tell me to decrease 2 stitches across the row evenly. I transfer all stitches to fill empty needle and knit across the row. it left a hole . so I went to the next step 14 needle transfer to the left and repeat across row. yes I didn't count the two stitches at each end. can you just look at my pattern and see if im reading wrong
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
You are knitting your hat with 94 stitches

You are instructed to decrease 2 stitches

You now have 92 stitches on the needlebed

Your first shaping reads: 
Count 14 needles transfer the next stitch to the needle to the left (15 stitches)

You will be working groups of 15 stitches

15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90  Plus your 2 seaming stitches = 92 stitches.

The pattern is correct. I think your confusion may be in the text above these instructions.  I'll look at making it more clear
d p
delia pena

4 years ago
Thank you😉
J B
Jenny M Benson

4 years ago
Delia, I think you have the same confusion which I had, in that it looked as though the selected stitches were transferred and a row knitted, then the gaps were closed and a row knitted.  I decided this was not what was meant and I transferred the stitches, closed the gaps, then knitted 2 rows  This worked out fine and I am pleased with the finished hat.

Jenny
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
So ... it isn't clear that you are working on groups of stitches to form the wedges?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Stephanie pointed out that she was confused with the Increase 2 stitches, then decrease 2 stitches in her pattern.  It turns out that depending on your gauge, you EITHER increase 2 stitches OR decrease 2 stitches to get to the correct stitch multiple.

I removed the "offending" line in the pattern.   

Bottom line ... you are working in groups of stitches (depending on your gauge) AND you need 2 extra stitches for seaming ...

Hope this change helps.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC