K W
Kathy Walker

4 years ago
Has anyone else watched the answer lady's video on hooking two machines together? I have one and just bought another on eBay. I'm interested in making blankets and larger sweaters. One benefit would be that I could use both carriages at the same time. I watched a video that showed Karen Allen doing this on a metal bed machine.

Is there any reason you couldn't hook two metal bed machines together or would that be too much trouble?
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
I think there would be quite a bit of engineering involved to make this happen. 

I believe that when you join 2 plastic bed machines you add a section(s) in the middle of the needlebed. 

The only way to join 2 metal bed machines would be to butt them side by side, but the needles wouldn't be next to each other.  Hmmmm unless you cut it in half ... yikes!!! ðŸ™‚

K W
Kathy Walker

4 years ago
In the video, they take a end off of each machine and just snap them together. I'll try and video my attempt when I get my second one.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Great!  We'd love to see your success!

Take a look at the ends of a metal bed machine.  They won't butt together, there would be a big space with no needles
metal_bed_machine.jpg 
K R
Karen Ryan

4 years ago
Maybe there is an special extension for this machine like the LK 150 or LK 140.  The LK 150 extension is a 50 stitch insert into the middle of the machine.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC