d p
delia pena

2 years ago
how do you do a jacquard or can you do brother machine or you have special machine
J B
Jenny M Benson

2 years ago
Presuming you mean Double Bed Jacquard, you can certainly do it on a Brother Machine if you have a Double Bed Colour Changer and special punchcards designed for Jacquard if your machine is not electronic

Jenny.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Some folks use the term "jacquard" for single bed, stranded knitting (Fairisle)

More commonly Jacquard means double bed multi color knitting (DBJ)

On any machine with a ribber, you knit full needle rib (all needles in work)
The main bed can knit multi colors in a row with punchcard or electronics
The ribber stitches then enclose any floats that are carried with the color changes

As Jenny said, you can use any patterning machine with a ribber and a double bed color changer.
d p
delia pena

2 years ago
Thank you ðŸ˜
C L
Chris Lyon

2 years ago
Sue, can you do some lessons on this?  I have all the necessary attachments.  I just lack the nerve to try.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
DBJ is not in my wheelhouse ... but I've been in touch with an instructor to create something for Knit it Now... stay tuned!
H D
Heather Dobson

2 years ago
Was disappointed it didn't  have a tutorial on this part of the reason I subscribed.  Any update ?
M B
Mary Bedell

2 years ago
I agree with you. I also joined to learn about jacquard but there isn’t much. What are you making? I’m making a jacquard sweater. I have run into a lot of problems along the way with not much help to guide the way.
Frustrating.

Mary Lynn Bedell
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
@Mary Bedell @Heather Dobson

I'm sorry you are disappointed with what Knit it Now offers.

I plan to tackle this subject in the new year. What machines do you have?  Do you use DesignaKnit?
M B
Mary Bedell

2 years ago
Hi, iI have a Silver Reed SK840 with the ribber attachment.  I also have Designaknit.  Thanks.  While I missed having a jacquard tutorial, I do enjoy the site and have found it to be very hel-ful
H D
Heather Dobson

2 years ago
I am sorry I did not explain myself very well. Overall I am happy with Knit it now, I have watched multiple videos and have applied the knowledge learned and have been looking up the lessons before starting a new project to see if there are variations or techniques that I could incorporate into the new project. It has raised the quality of my knitting.
But I was hoping to learn the double jacquard technique as the online videos show me how to use 2 colors but I don't understand how it goes together especially designing punchards or downloads to knit a 3
color jacquard.and how to set up my brother 930 to knit with 3 colors (within the 6 rows needed)
You asked what machines I have
2* Brother KH930 both with ribbers KR850 with all the accessories including the color changer 830
1 Singer bulky Mod 155 with ribber SR155
1 Brother fine gauge KH120 and ribber KR120
2*Singer 360 with ribbers SRP-50 with all the accessories including color changer YC6
I am using multiple software for various purposes
Garment designer to make the pattern
GIMP to create the patterning
Img2track to transfer into my Brother 930

Regards
Heather
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago
Hi Heather,
Thanks for getting back to me.  It's helpful to know what you are looking for.

I've created an outline for this material a number of times, but always seem to drop the ball.

My new year's resolution:  DBJ! ðŸ˜„
S J
Sue Jalowiec

2 years ago

Mary, I'm glad we've been able to help you with your knitting.

Thanks for letting me know about your machine.  Do you have a color changer?

Requirements for DBJ:
1. Comfort with knitting full needle Rib
2. Practice with multi-color slip
3. Familiarity with a color changer
4. understanding of punchcards for this technique.

I have an outline done for this material, I just keep putting it off.  New Year's resolution! ðŸ˜„

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC