J S
Jean Schwan

4 years ago
Hello all....Happy New Year
A couple of years ago, I bought a Singer Memo-Matic 327...it joined my Silver Reed MOD 210 and my LK 150...
I used my Silver Reed and LK 150 almost exclusively and "tried out" the Singer but have wanted to learn the ribber first.  It is slowly a work in progress.
Now the question part....My Silver Reed - I travelled last spring to Vancouver (12 hour trip one way) paid an extraordinary amount of $$$ to have both the main bed, carriage and lace carriage serviced and repaired.  Everything worked fine until around about September...then things started to happen.  Carriage was not picking up stitches, the knitting was junk etc. etc. etc...perseverance is a trademark....
After having missing out on some Christmas presents being made,  my husband suggested I use the 327...I did a couple of swatches using just the main bed compared the knitting to what my Silver Reed was producing and have decided that the Singer will be my main machine...loving the results...
The question, and I apologize for the length of this, what do I do with the Silver Reed it is 35 + years old and quite simply it is taking up room I could use.  Is it worth selling for parts??  Would anyone want  it here?  Locally, I'm thinking..I am quite open to suggestions up to and not including keeping the machine and getting it repaired again.  There is no one in this area that does that.  and far too many mountain passes to drive through in winter.
Thanks for "listening" and I will keep an eye out for replies.  
Now....I'm going to go tackle that ribber....
Jean
S J
Sue Jalowiec

4 years ago
Hi Jean!
You should list the  machine on our Marketplace classified pages ... the listing is free ...
classified.jpg 

KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC