L A
Lesley Albutt

1 year ago
I am Lesley. I have been a machine knitter for 45 years and love to innovate and experiment. Sadly, now without a knitting club nearby and the Guild of Machine knitters has closed in the UK.
I am in need of inspiration..
I am an avid sock knitter.
Looking forward to trying new things.
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
Welcome Lesley!
We have some fun things planned for the new year and we're always open to suggestions.

Happy Knitting!
L N
Lesley Newland

1 year ago
Hi Lesley,

Where abouts in the UK are you?

A P
Ann Poprdan

1 year ago
Hi Lesley, How are you.  Reckon we're both in the same boat. Needing some inspiration and missing the knitting clubs.  Nice to see you here. I too am an avid sock knitter, mostly by hand as I'm still trying to get my yarn and knitting area sorted.  Since Vaso died I don't seem to have the same inclination.  Do you know anyone who wants any yarn 😉 or any knitting machines 😉

Hi Lesley (Newland)  I know where Lesley Albutt lives, and I am in North West Norfolk between King's Lynn and Hunstanton.  Where are you?
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Hi Ann, I'm in Ingoldisthorpe , whereabouts are you 🙂
Look forward to hearing from you, Joy 🙂 
A P
Ann Poprdan

1 year ago
Really!!?  Do you know where Sandy Crescent is?  That's where you will find me.
N P
Nicola Pople

1 year ago
Hi Leslies, Ann and Joy,
I’m a newbie in Bristol. Just getting hooked.
Nice to know there are plenty of others this side of the pond.
Nik
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Ann, What a coincidence, I'm at the top of Hill Road turn right, in the 2nd of the 2 cottages 🙂 
A P
Ann Poprdan

1 year ago
Hello Nik,  You are the other side of the country from me.  I've been machine knitting since the early 1970's.  Now I need a re-boot to get me back to it.  Energy is at a low ebb these days so find it difficult to fit everything in.  If I'm at the computer, then I can't be at the machine.  It's dark already, I thought the days were getting longer 😉
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Ann I've looked on Google maps and found you 🙂  We'll have to meet up.
What machine (s) do you have?  
Joy
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Hi Ann have sent, you a message on messenger  Joy 🙂 
A P
Ann Poprdan

1 year ago
Where abouts are you?   I think I have most of the machines there are except for the real antiques.  Yes we should meet.  I'm not good at getting about now though.  Hopefully you are a bit more physically active that me. 540137 okay?
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Thank you, I'll give you a ring in the next few days, just sorting out our end of year accounts.   
Joy 🙂 
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
Much as I enjoy "meeting" people from all over the world here at the wonderful KIN, it is good to see more fellow Brits are finding the site as well.  I, too, began machine knitting way back in the early 1970s,  When I first started there were very few books, magazines, clubs etc but these came along quite soon and were so welcome ... and so missed now.  Newbies today have it so easy with so much available on the internet - and KIN has to be one of the very best of those things!

Jenny 
L N
Lesley Newland

1 year ago
[QUOTE username=Ann Poprdan  Ann Poprdan userid=6389956 postid=1310434165]Hi Lesley, How are you.  Reckon we're both in the same boat. Needing some inspiration and missing the knitting clubs.  Nice to see you here. I too am an avid sock knitter, mostly by hand as I'm still trying to get my yarn and knitting area sorted.  Since Vaso died I don't seem to have the same inclination.  Do you know anyone who wants any yarn 😉 or any knitting machines 😉

Hi Lesley (Newland)  I know where Lesley Albutt lives, and I am in North West Norfolk between King's Lynn and Hunstanton.  Where are you?[/QUOTE]
D S
Desiree Stewart

1 year ago
Hi Brit folks! 
I'm a returning machine knitter living in Coventry - just got my Brother 881 and ribber second hand.  It's like travelling back in time as it's the same machine I had 30 years ago! Looking forward to making new knitting friends on here! 
J B
Jenny M Benson

1 year ago
I'm always delighted to hear of more machine knitters in the UK!  I am in North Wales and was a returner nearly 20 years ago having got my first machine in the early 1970s and then - stupidly - parted with everything in 2000, having not knitted for a few years.

I was so delighted to find Knit It Now and to get connected again with active machine knitters since everyone in my local club decided to give up their machines.  

Welcome!

Jenny
S J
Sue Jalowiec

1 year ago
HI Desiree!
Welcome back to the world of machine knitting and welcome to Knit it Now!

We have some fun things planned .. stay tuned!

Sue
J G
Joy Green

1 year ago
Hi Desiree
I'm sure you'll pick it back up quite quickly, and we're all here to help if we can 😊😊
I do have an 881 with ribber, but it's packed away at the moment...
Knit it Now has probably all the info you need, and if you're stuck just ask 😊
Joy x
D S
Desiree Stewart

1 year ago
Thanks very much Joy!  Nice to e-meet you and connect with knitters in the UK.
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC