P D
Phyllis K Day

3 years ago
After failing miserably with the raglan knit-along, I realized that I have never ever done any knitting with any patterns and designs that were not my own. I could not follow a pattern, and why I thought that some 40+ years later I could, I do not know why. (Some may recall my bizarre attempts to knit socks and mittens via a pattern.)

Recently, while looking for something else, I found some photos of my designs from a photo shoot that a photographer - who found them unique and interesting - set up. And for the use of the knitted items, gave me copies of the results. So, here is a collage of some of them:
Collage-of-Knitted-Designs.jpg 
It's hard to see but the pink Softball cotton sweater with the darker mohair crochet trim has sleeves with a pleat - made a cool look and I'd like to try them again. Similar trim on the sage cotton cardigan. The grey heather-ish sweater is an angora blend from Tahki, the long cardigan some sort of wool, I don't remember. The long jumper, I think cotton or a wool blend. No fancy stitches, all stockinette and ribbing.

Phyl Still Stitchin'
J G
Joy Green

3 years ago
Phyl
They're amazing!!!
Joy :) :)
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
😃They are beautiful!
J O
Jacqueline Oertli

3 years ago
Wow! That pleated sweater is amazing. Thanks for sharing these great photos.
C D
Carol Dykstra

3 years ago
Fabulous, Phyllis! What an inspiration. . .forget the socks and mittens. 
S J
Sue Jalowiec

3 years ago
From Early 80's
P D
Phyllis K Day

3 years ago
Thank you so much for the kind words about the sweaters. Soon I hope to try to re-create some of the patterns, the pleated sweater and the ribbed cardigan in particular. But first I have to get up to speed with my machines as I am a "renewbie" working on getting my knitting chops back. 
D K
Dayana Knits

3 years ago
[QUOTE username=Phyllis K Day  Phyllis K Day userid=6385088 postid=1310617825]Thank you so much for the kind words about the sweaters. Soon I hope to try to re-create some of the patterns, the pleated sweater and the ribbed cardigan in particular. But first I have to get up to speed with my machines as I am a "renewbie" working on getting my knitting chops back. [/QUOTE]

Love the pleated sweater! If you figured out (or already know) how you made those pleats, I’d love to know!
j d
josephine donohoe

3 years ago
They look fabulous. I too particularly like the pink sweater with pleated sleeve and would love to know how.
P D
Phyllis K Day

3 years ago
Thank you all for the encouraging words. 

My next project (behind a few already in line...) is to re-create that pleated sleeve. I actually do remember how I did it, I think!
KnitItNow
16772 W. Bell Rd
Ste 110-113
Surprise, AZ 85374-9702
US Mountain Time Zone
-7 GMT
© Copyright 2024 Knit It Now, LLC